No Chemicals – OekoTex 100 Certified
All our fabrics are free from any harmful substances. All our fabrics are continuously being tested according to the Oekotex 100 and we are even allowed to make baby-underwear (highest classification). Our present Oekotex 100 Certificate is available here.
No Silver-plated Polyamide Yarn
All our competitors are using a silver-plated Nylon string/line (Polyamide monofilament). We all know that nylon is soft and silver hard. When you bend the silver-plated Nylon yarn i.e. in the washing machine, by drawing the curtains or getting in and out of the canopy, the silver layer will crackle and sooner and later fall off. Even though you cannot see the crackles, electricity will not be able to run through the silver (conductivity will be reduced) and the shielding efficiency will be reduced / disappear as well.
No Contact with Silver
With Swiss Shield fabrics you will at no time be in contact with silver.
- Silver – a toxic threat to our health and environment.
- Silver is toxic to all living cells.
- Silver contributes to antibiotic resistance.
- Silver is deposited around nerves and in deeper skin layers and may cause permanent skin damage.
- Silver is intimately associated with environmental contamination of other toxic heavy metals such as mercury, lead and nickel.